Saturday, 1 July 2017

Altered CD's

Hellooo crafty folks..

We start another month and so does another challenge at Rhedd's Creative Spirit. Its always anything goes, altered art or mixed media.

My take on this month is play with a few unwanted cd's and a scrap wood strip!



I made a wall hanging out of them using crackle and decoupage effect.

Here it is...
I created crackle with modpodge this time and then decouaged the tissue on top.



The 3 cd's have lovely patterns perfect for home decor.



Once that was done, I have stuck some cotton rope around it and then used Archival brown to distress it.


I then colored the wood strip with PLAID Homedecor wood tint and then adhered the the cd's on it using a strong glue.



I tried making flowers with foamiran and was quite happy with them, so they too found a place on this project.

Here is the final look at all the cd's on the wall.



I hope you do take the time to visit the blog and play along this month.

Until my next creative journey,
Happy crafting and recycling.
Cheers.











7 comments:

  1. A beautiful alteration Rupa..these are so pretty, reminds me of a vintage cottage garden...xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow this is gorgeous and genius use of the cd's. Love it sweetie and will look good on whoever's wall it ends up on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. A stunning recycling project, the hanging looks beautiful.
    Yvonne xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rupa what stunning creativity!It has a real vintage feel to this one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful! you always find such gorgeous tissues to decoupage! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow...awesome...thank u for sharing this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have the best paper napkin motifs! Love the colorful flowers/cheerful images everytime.

    ReplyDelete